Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Inburgering


Today Liz is off to take three of the four required "Inburgering Examens," that is integration tests. Since 2007, everybody of non-Dutch descent who lives in Holland for a non-temporary reason has to pass the integration exams. The exams test language and cultural knowledge. Only EU citizens are exempt from the law. The tests tomorrow are the electronic practical exam, the spoken Dutch quiz, and knowledge of dutch culture exam. We're not too worried about the first two, but the third one has had Liz studying for the last month.

To give you Dutchies (or Dutch speaking) an idea of what type of questions will be asked you can take Nationale Inburgering Test. It's not exactly the same, but it's fun to do. Let me know if you actually pass it, though!

And for you Americans left out, here is a similar online test demonstrating what immigrants need to learn to become American citizens.

7 comments:

Katherine said...

Oooh my goodness!!! GOOD LUCK!!! So exciting!!!! You're so cool... I'm definitely jealous :)

LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

love, Kay-Kay

PortlandPaw said...

I got a 95%. The only one I missed was "What INS form is used to apply to become a naturalized citizen?" I guess if I were interested in becoming a naturalized citizen I would have gotten that one right.

Liz, I know you're going to ace that test! But how did you do on the USA test?

The Schutte Family said...

Tom: 50%, Liz: 85%...

but I got the naturalization form right.

Anonymous said...

Nou, dat gaat natuurlijk weer nergens over:
Els: 4,9 (niet ingeburgerd)
Erno 6,1 (wel ingeburgerd)
Als we naar de antwoorden kijken, dan snappen we niet hoe ze aan die berekning komen, want we hebben er beide maar een paar anders (ik zeg dus niet fout) beantwoord als de vragenstellers bedacht hadden.
Wat ons betreft ben je al geslaagd hoor!

Rachel said...

Hey Liz,
Hoe is het allemaal gegaan? Ik kan me niet voorstellen dat je iets niet gehaald hebt!Heb je gelijk de uitslag gekregen of krijg je die binnenkort? Dit weekend ben ik niet in Den Haag, maar ik hoop jullie wel weer snel te zien, beter en al! Hoe is het met de kiddies?Alweer helemaal opgeknapt? xx

Bas en Wil op reis said...

Nou we zijn benieuwd hoor! Je haalt het vast wel, heb ik altijd al gezegd! Ik had 6,8 op de Nederlandse, en die Amerikaanse ga ik ook eens proberen.

Tot morgen!!
Bas

Nancy Hill said...

I got them all right!! I am proud of you Elizabeth, when will you find out how you did? Love, Mom